Jamón Ibérico de bellota by FERMIN, sliced - 16 oz (450g+)
Cured for a minimum of 48 months, this jamón Ibérico de bellota from Embutidos FERMIN has excellent marbling and wonderful flavor. This bellota ham is very distinct from the 3 year jamón Ibérico, and should be enjoyed on its own, so that the complex, delicate flavors are not overpowered by other items/ingredients. From limited annual production, these 100% Ibérico pigs roam through the Dehesa's oak groves feasting on acorns during the montanera season. Family-owned Embutidos FERMIN has been producing world-renowned, artisanal jamon in La Alberca (Salamanca), Spain since 1956.
A whole bone-in jamón is perfect for gatherings, weddings, or parties -- but may be too much for a household to consume while it is at its peak. Purchasing hand-sliced jamón gives you the opportunity to taste or serve jamón without committing to an entire piece -- as well as having jamón that is properly sliced, to guarantee that you will be able to savor the unique flavors and aromas of jamón Ibérico.
We do not offer machine-sliced packages from a boneless jamón, because the complex aromas, texture, directional slices, and flavor qualities of jamón Ibérico are best preserved only when sliced by hand with a knife from a bone-in jamón . It is more labor-intensive, but well worth the extra effort for this gastronomic jewel.
Hand-sliced packages also allow you to taste different parts of the jamón, each of which have their own distinct marbling, texture, and flavor profiles.
- From the famed pata negra black pigs of the Iberian peninsula; certified 100% Ibérico de bellota by CALICER.
- Ibérico de bellota - free range, raised on a diet of acorns and foraged plants.
- At least 16 oz (450g+) Net Weight of sliced jamón, comprised of several packages
- Sliced from a bone-in ham (rear leg, NOT shoulder/paleta) by our cortador in Portland, Oregon.
- A unique opportunity to savor the nuances from various parts of the jamón.
- Professionally sliced by hand with a knife.
- Carefully arranged in each sheet to avoid smothering slices, ensuring texture qualities are preserved.
- Immediately vacuum-sealed upon slicing to prohibit oxidation.
- Packaged in individual sheets that are ideal for travel, or using one at a time as needed.
- Sheets may be transferred to a platter for easy plating/entertaining.
- Shipped via expedited 2-Day USPS Priority Mail.