Jamón Ibérico de bellota by 5J CINCO JOTAS, sliced - 8 oz (225g+)
Simply the best of the best.
This jamón Ibérico de bellota from CINCO JOTAS has exceptional marbling and the flavor is outstanding. For over 130 years, the Sánchez Romero Carvajal families have been dedicated to preserving the experiences and traditions acquired over generations, to produce one of the most elite Ibérico de bellota jamones in Spain. With a national following garnered because of its exceptional quality, this bellota ham is the gold standard in Spain. Raised and cured in the family's bodegas of the famous town of Jabugo (Andalucia), which is situated in las Dehesas de Sierra Morena, a natural park declared a Biosphere reserve by UNESCO.
The 100% Ibérico pigs roam over 8 miles per day to forage on a diet of bellotas (acorns) and wild herbs in the Dehesa. With a minimum of 6 acres dedicated to each pig, they spend their entire life free-range, and have ACERIBER accreditation (the most stringent).
Cinco Jotas jamón should be eaten with your hands, so you can appreciate the juicy, oily texture as it reaches your mouth and the long, intense aroma reminiscent of acorns & thyme.
From very limited production. This jamón is difficult to find in the USA, and no one else offers it freshly hand-sliced online. A treat for the connoisseur; only available on ConservaShop.com on a limited basis as fresh bone-in 5J jamones arrive from Spain.
A whole bone-in jamón is perfect for gatherings, weddings, or parties -- but may be too much for a household to consume while it is at its peak. Purchasing hand-sliced jamón gives you the opportunity to taste or serve jamón without committing to an entire piece -- as well as having jamón that is properly sliced, to guarantee that you will be able to savor the unique flavors and aromas of jamón Ibérico.
We do not offer machine-sliced packages from a boneless jamón, because the complex aromas, texture, directional slices, and flavor qualities of jamón Ibérico are best preserved only when sliced by hand with a knife from a bone-in jamón . It is more labor-intensive, but well worth the extra effort for this gastronomic jewel.
Hand-sliced packages also allow you to taste different parts of the jamón, each of which have their own distinct marbling, texture, and flavor profiles.
- From the famed pata negra black pigs of the Iberian peninsula; certified 100% Ibérico de bellota by ACERIBER.
- Ibérico de bellota - free range, raised on a diet of acorns and foraged plants.
- At least 8 oz (225g+) Net Weight of sliced jamón, comprised of several packages
- Sliced from a bone-in ham (rear leg, NOT shoulder/paleta) by our cortador in Portland, Oregon.
- A unique opportunity to savor the nuances from various parts of the jamón.
- Professionally sliced by hand with a knife.
- Carefully arranged in each sheet to avoid smothering slices, ensuring texture qualities are preserved.
- Immediately vacuum-sealed upon slicing to prohibit oxidation.
- Packaged in individual sheets that are ideal for travel, or using one at a time as needed.
- Sheets may be transferred to a platter for easy plating/entertaining.
- Shipped via expedited 2-Day USPS Priority Mail.